Welcome to our first sustainability spotlight, our new series which will go into how each of our Reserve and Avant Garden fragrances are sustainable - ingredients, packaging, and all. Our promise? We never craft any fragrances with any ingredients that may potentially be linked to health or environmental issues (see our No-to list).
Our definition of sustainable:
- Responsibly sourcing our ingredients so that we’re not depleting the planet’s natural resources.
- Giving back to the farmers and their communities.
- Being eco-conscious in everything we do, through our recyclable packaging and green manufacturing.
Our sustainable packaging: responsible & recyclable
CELLOPHANE: derived from corn & compostable | PAPER: FSC certified - made from responsibly sourced wood | FOAM: re-use it to protect your bottle | BOX: 100% recyclable | INK: non-toxic, water-based | CAP: made of sustainable wood from Spain | INGREDIENTS: infused with sustainable ingredients | MANUFACTURER: solar powered facility | FRAGRANCE BASE: made of alcohol derived from corn and infused with aloe for a refined and pure juice | BOTTLE: 100% recyclable
Our sustainable ingredient in CLEAN RESERVE Acqua Neroli: Mandarin Oil
Mandarin Oil is a bright and effervescent citrus scent known to uplift your mood. We cultivated ours from Brazil where local growers harvest this fruit with great care. They're committed to extracting only the highest quality oil through transparent processes, and we couldn't be happier to actively support their communities.
Family: Floral Citrus
Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Sicilian Orange
Middle Notes: Jasmin, Neroli, Orange Blossom
Dry Notes: Acqua Musk, Amber, AmbretteFun Facts:
- Apart from being used for flavoring, mandarin oil is known for many healing properties.
- The form “mandarine” comes from the French name for the fruit, referring to the bright yellowish orange robes worn by public officials of the ancient Chinese court.
- They are generally peeled, eaten fresh or used in salads or dessert.
- The mandarin orange is native to south-eastern Asia and the Philippines, cultivated for centuries and used in traditional medicines to benefit digestion, blood pressure, brain function, eye health and skin health.
- Mandarin oranges are an excellent source of Vitamin C.