Beauty Tips: Discover the Benefits of Face Mist
It's time to discover the amazing skin benefits of face mist. This skin care product may not get as much attention as serums, cleansers and moisturizers, but it can be just as essential to your skin's overall health and glow. Let’s talk about how face mist works, and how it benefits your skin so you can see how important and easy it is to incorporate into your existing skin care routine.
What Is the Purpose of Face Mist?
The great thing about facial mist is that it's incredibly versatile. This multitasking, do-it-all product can be used for a number of different skin care needs and types and is not limited to just your face.
Some of the ways you can use face mists — and how to apply them appropriately in each situation — include:
- Refresh your skin: Face mist can act as a pick-me-up when your skin feels dull, hot or greasy. Apply a cooling spritz or two any time you need a quick refresh.
- Hydrate your skin: Feel free to spritz your face mist on your face or body whenever your skin feels dry. It can be applied over makeup, and it leaves your skin with a dewy glow.
- Prime your skin: Many people find that applying face mist before their makeup helps prepare the skin. Cosmetics apply more smoothly over skin when it's well-hydrated.
- Set makeup: After you're done applying your makeup, give your skin a few spritzes of face mist. It will help extend the wear-time of your makeup and prevent a dry or cakey appearance.
How to Use Face Mist
Using a hydrating facial mist couldn't be easier. When you apply, hold it about 12 inches away from your skin, close your eyes, then spritz. In most cases, two or three spritzes is sufficient to cover your face and neck.
Alternatively, you can spritz the mist directly onto a cotton ball or a cotton round. Then, swipe over the face and neck to lightly dampen the skin.
What Type of Face Mist Should I Use?
The best face mists have clean and natural ingredients. You should choose a facial mist that is free from silicones, parabens, mineral oil and phthalates, like Clean Reserve’s new Elderflower Mist. Look for the following ingredients, which provide important skin benefits:
- Fatty acid-rich oils, like buriti oil and avocado oil, provide intense hydration to moisturize skin
- Witch hazel helps control sebum to keep the skin balanced
- A mild astringent, such as elderflower, benefits the complexion with gentle toning
- Aloe calms the skin and reduces redness
If you love extending a green ethos to your beauty routine, look for sustainably derived ingredients that simply do more. Our lush CLEAN RESERVE Elderflower Mist is crafted with eco-conscious Buriti Oil, Elderflower and Glycolipids; as part of an ongoing partnership to improve the lives of farmers and their communities who sustainably grow these ingredients, with minimal impact to the environment. Don’t forget that big changes start from the smallest of actions!
How Often Should Face Mist Be Applied?
You should apply face mist at least once or twice every day. This will help with overall hydration and toning. However, you can spritz it on more often if you need to refresh or hydrate your skin on a particularly dry or active day.
Add a hydrating facial mist to your lineup of go-to face and body products. Using this simple spray every day will help keep your skin looking beautiful and feeling supple.