Welcome to our sustainability series Farm Fresh, where we explore the eco-conscious ingredients used in our RESERVE and RESERVE Avant Garden fragrances and share how we give back to our farmers. In addition to supporting the farmers and their communities, we’re committed to crafting products with the safest ingredients, avoiding anything that may be potentially linked to health or environmental issues (see our No-To list).
First, it’s important to truly understand what “sustainable” means.
Here’s how we define it:
- Responsibly sourced and doesn’t deplete the planet’s natural resources.
- Gives back to the farmers and their communities.
- Maintains an eco-conscious life cycle, from green manufacturing to recyclable packaging
Meet Damask Rose
The Damask Rose, sometimes called the Rose of Castile, is a captivating rose hybrid renowned for its elegant fragrance. It’s velvety scent can be found in CLEAN RESERVE Lush Fleur, adding a honeyed bloom to the sheer arrangement of Gardenia and Jasmine.
To create CLEAN RESERVE Lush Fleur, we only use sustainably-sourced Damask Rose. We made the choice to partner with a company that sources this flower from villages in Turkey that have a longstanding history of harvesting this graceful flower. In turn, we support the villagers’ traditional production methods by always paying fair trade prices.
5 Fun Facts
- The Damask Rose is a hybrid between the French rose and the musk rose.
- This stunning flower gets its name from the Syrian city of Damascus, where accounts of its cultivation date back to 1148.
- There are two varieties of Damask Roses; Summer Damasks, which bloom only in summer, and Autumn Damasks, which flower into autumn.
- Damask Rose delicate petals are most commonly clear pink, but can range in color from white to rosy red.
- Known in Hawaiian as Lokelani, this rose is the official flower of the Island of Maui.