At Clean Beauty Collective, we believe in taking care of ourselves and each other. As Suicide Prevention Week approaches from September 10th to September 16th, we are deeply committed to raising awareness to the organizations that are making a difference in the lives of those who need it most.
Suicide Prevention Week is a critical time to reflect on the importance of mental health and to reach out to those who may be struggling. We encourage everyone to come together, share resources, and support one another in these challenging times. And we are proud to stand with these organizations that provide hope and healing to individuals in crisis.
Resources for Those in Need:
Website: Crisis Text Line
- Text "HELLO" to 741741
- Crisis counseling available 24/7 via text, WhatsApp, and webchat.
- Free support for anxiety, depression, suicide, self-harm, disordered eating, gun violence, and more.
- International text lines available, including support in Spanish.
- Offers valuable tools such as a Self-Care Student Planner, blogs, and guides to promote mental health and navigate stressful situations.
- Consider supporting this organization through donations, spreading the word, or volunteering as a crisis counselor.
- Founded in 1998, this nonprofit organization focuses on suicide prevention among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning youth.
- Confidential assistance available 24/7 via phone, web chat, or text.
- Provides a resource center with information and guides on topics related to sexual orientation and mental health.
- Created Trevorspace, an affirming online community for LGBTQ+ young people aged 13-24.
- Congress designated the 988 dialing code in 2020 to operate through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Offers 24/7 free and confidential support to individuals in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- Thousands of lives are positively impacted every day by this lifeline.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Spreading Awareness and Hope
- Established in 1987, AFSP is a voluntary health organization based in New York City.
- Focuses on programs and community involvement to raise awareness about grief, losing a loved one to suicide, mental health, and LGBTQ+ suicide prevention.
- Call 988 or text "TALK" to 741741 to connect with support.
As we approach Suicide Prevention Week, let us remember that together, we can make a difference. We encourage you to take action, whether it's through donations, spreading awareness, or volunteering your time.
Together, we can shine a light on hope and healing, breaking down the stigma surrounding mental health and offering support to those who need it most. Let us unite in the spirit of compassion and empathy during Suicide Prevention Week and beyond, because every life is worth saving.